Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Phone App Allows Easy Ethical Food Shopping

Alright. When I go to Publix, I'm too lazy to go leafing through pamphlets and guides that rank the most ethical eats. I want to run in, snatch up my cheese snacks and burger/sandwich fixings, and scamper out in record speed.  Yeah, I possibly just sold my liver to cancer. Whatevs. And who cares if I'm eating the butt meat of 5 bajillion sedentary cows?
Eeeewwww...
But now, with the Ethical Company Organization's "Good Shopping Guide" phone app, I can be eco-friendly, healthy,  AND lazy! Sounds like a plan.

Originally a 350 page guide, the "Good Shopping Guide" has transformed into a trendy app, providing comparisons of over 700 brands in relation to the environmnet, human rights, and animal welfare. Give it a look-see!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/feb/04/app-ethical-shopping

By: Lillie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment